COVID and keeping our athletes safe
We are eager to have our athletes return to training and are continuing to monitor the CDC and local guidelines as Virginia moves towards widespread reopening.
To follow Virginia, Prince William County mandates and CDC guidelines, we will be implementing the following procedures:
- For the safety of our coaches, volunteers, and athletes, we will require parents and all visitors entering the practice area to wear a face mask / face covering upon entry. Athletes are not required to wear mask during practice.
- We will enforce social distancing. Physical distance of 6ft must be maintained by athletes, coaches, and parents. Social distancing will also be incorporated into the training modules.
- We encourage all athletes to use the restrooms prior to arriving at practice to reduce the risk of gathering in groups, as well as interrupting practice sessions. All athletes must utilize the hand sanitation area prior to start of practice.
- All parents/guardians will be required to check their athlete in upon each practice and complete a COVID19 screening acknowledgement. Athletes will not be allowed to practice without a parent/guardian completing a daily acknowledgement.
- If you or your athlete are experiencing illness (fever, respiratory illness, coughing, etc.) we ask that you and your athlete stay home. If you or your child have been exposed or believe to have been exposed to someone with COVID19, we ask that you refrain from attending practice. If your child becomes ill or experience symptoms during practice, you will be asked to pick up your child ASAP.
We look forward to seeing your athlete soon!
Be safe ,
Coach Monte and the Lightning Athletics team
Summer Strong Challenge
We've teamed up with Center for Advanced Orthopedics and Pink Space Theory with a sport injury science activity!
Build your knowledge on the common injuries’ that runners experience in our area. Know how to protect yourself and stay healthy!
Download the Injury Activity Sheet.
.Email your completed workout to email@example.com and win athletic gear, gift cards and other prizes!
Share your completed muscle activity sheet using the following hashtags.